Micro needling (or ‘Derma rollering’) is an advanced aesthetic technique which uses a roller to pass tiny needles over the face, puncturing the top layers of the skin. The treatment works by causing the skin to produce additional collagen, and by breaking down older skin cells, allowing new ones to develop. Before your treatment the skin is cleansed, then numbed using a cream. The treatment is painless and you should be able to return to your normal activities immediately.
Micro needling combats fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen production. Approximately 4-6 weeks after your first treatment you will notice a difference in the texture and firmness of your skin. We recommend a course of 3 treatments to see the full benefit, although for the best results micro needling can be alternated with a course of three skin peels.
Pigmentation and Sun Damage
Micro needling works by encouraging cell repair, but it also breaks down the pigment in the top layer of the skin. The small needles which are passed over the face during the procedure, work to degrade and diminish patches of discoloration leaving your skin looking more even. Pigmentation needs to be treated in a course, usually with a minimum of three treatments. It can be treated with skin peels for an enhanced result.
Scar Tissue & Stretch Marks
Micro needling can be used to treat facial scarring and stretch marks. A deeper needle of at least 1.5mm is used by the therapist to break down scar tissue and encourage new cell growth and collagen production. This treatment works in two ways to improve the look and appearance of scarring, and in some cases can remove it completely. For deep scarring or stretch marks a much deeper needle may be required, and the treatment will be done by a doctor.
- We advise that you book a skin consultation with us prior to your treatment, this is free of charge and can be booked online or via telephone on 023 9262 7766.
- If you have sensitive skin or allergies, please request a patch test when you make your booking.
- If you are wanting treatment for deep acne scarring or stretch marks, please mention this when booking as a doctor will need to be made available for your treatment.
- Your appointment will last approximately 1 hour.
- Upon arrival your face be be cleansed and a numbing cream will be applied. You will need to wait with this on for approximately 40 minutes.
- Treatment will usually take 20-30 minutes once your face has been numbed.
- The effects of the numbing cream will wear off within one hour.
- You will not be able to wear normal makeup until the morning after your appointment. Mineral makeup can, however, be worn immediately after.
- Please do not use sunbeds, steam rooms or saunas directly after your treatment. Please leave 48 hours after treatment before sunbathing or coming into direct contact with sustained steam.
- You will be given after care products to take away with you after your treatment.
A standard micro needling treatment costs £150. While you will see the benefits after just one treatment, usually 4-6 weeks after treatment, we recommend a minimum of three treatments or a combination of treatments for the best results. Course prices are significantly reduced but must be paid up front.
- Course of three treatments £350
- Course of six treatments £600
- Course of three micro needling & three skin peels £500
- Course of four micro needling & four skin peels £650